You will regularly see advisory signs warning of Bridge Icing. A few examples are shown below.
Icy Bridges can be a very serious issue for drivers, as this video shows:
Here are some websites with more information about the reasons bridges will ice up before road surfaces do:
- IcyRoadSafety.com – Icy Bridges And Overpasses
- HowStuffWorks.com – Why Do Bridges Ice Before The Rest Of The Highway?
- LiveScience.com – Why Do Bridges Ice Up Faster Than Roads?
- Atmos.Washington-edu – Roadway Icing and Weather Tutorial
- The Weather Guys – Why Do Bridges Ice Before The Road?
- Wonderopolis.com – Why Do Bridges Freeze Before Roads?
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?